One of the best ways to drive traffic to your website is through blogs. It can be a corporate website, an e-commerce website, or any other online services for that matter. By updating often and adding new posts on your blog space, you can acquire more visitors and users, helping the search engines to consider and index websites for fresh serving contents apparently.
There are numerous techniques to be practiced while opting blog as one of the sources to drive traffic to your website. Here are the vital steps and strategies that bring more visitors when followed implicitly.
Have a Quality Design for the Blog
- Firstly, make sure you have a proper and a professional blog template to post your activities
- The compatibility should be great even with the smallest of devices, ranging from desktop to mobile phones
- The readers viewing your blog posts must be able to correlate things of the subject precisely, irrespective of the devices they use
- Exhibit and display the message with a professional and relevant image rather than using an inappropriate image
- Overall, a good design uplifts your brand credibility and help you get more conversion leads
- Avoid unnecessary images, because the users may get into the mood of boredom and click out of the page
- If your primary purpose is to get more traffic to the website, make sure the blog should be practical and self-explanatory
- Get easier navigation for the users across the website
- To retain the users for a long period of time, you can display some recent blog posts, related articles underneath the latest blog post
Fill the Blog Page with All Essential SEO Ingredients
- Make sure your blog page is good for users and the search engines, as the content need to be crawled and indexed timely by the search engines
- Go with the best SEO-friendly blog platforms such as WordPress, blogger while planning to create a corporate blog for your site
- Optimizing your blog page content with proper SEO elements like Image Alt Tags, Keywords, Title, Description, and Customized URL can pave way for a better crawling and indexing of the page
- The internal links add more value to the pages by passing link juice internally; the search engine considers internal links as one of the important ranking factors
- Search Engine crawlers pay high attention to internal linking for crawling and indexing
- Include the external links that could be as treated internal links from the ranking perspective
Be Precise with Your Topics
- Be clear and precise while posting a blog on the blog page
- Get the most relevant and valuable points to the readers
- Avoid unnecessary statements and contents which are not in line with the topic. For instance, if it is a blog related to digital marketing you can cover all the elements under it like SEO, SEM, SMO, email marketing, etc.
- Mix up your blog posts along with infographic-oriented content for better engagement of the audience. The infographics keep the substance of the topic with highlighted bullets along with a detailed image underneath it
- Focus more on the trending topics to have more attention from the users and search engines
High Quality Content
- As always said “Content is the King”; get the quality content for the readers
- The most valuable and relevant contents are most likely to be read and shared by others
- Because high worthy contents have the capacity to generate more incoming links and search engine traffic
- Do not stuff long post for search engines, rather focus on extremely useful content for the blog posts
- Focus on high quality content, which can get the targeted audience to avail your service
- Use images in the articles, that can increase the shares on social media
- More sharing on the social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn always help for better outreach, eventually gaining more attention from the audience
- Never the least when it comes to title. So make sure you place the worthy and valuable title
Publish Blog Articles Consistently
- Try to publish blog articles quite consistently because the fresh updates are always looked upon by the users
- You can publish several posts every day. If there is a time constraint, you can go for at least one blog post a week as a better practice
- Therefore, continue this practice consistently to get your site crawled and indexed by the search engines
As said, publishing a blog on your website will only help you to increase your website traffic – this is because, guests/people who visit your website may share the post with a larger set of audience. This concept helps you to add more variety and interesting stuff to your content and show your visitors that you’re very much active in your selected field. You can also make use of the concept of “guest blogger”; securing a guest post/blog on a reputable site could help increase the blog traffic to your website. This will help you increase the brand visibility.
The more hooks you have in water, the more chances for catching a shoal of fish. In the same way, as you add more blog content to your website, more web pages from your domain shall get indexed in the search engines. This enhances the website traffic and the organic search visibility for your website. Blogs also help you discover the social media sites. Every time you create a blog, you’re creating content that people can share on digital platforms. Creating an interesting blog content will help you make your social media presence much stronger. If you’re planning to build a business blog, start immediately, and if you don’t have a clear idea, seek the help of a professional blogger – because driving traffic is more important as it enhances your brand visibility.